DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURES
- There is no left turn into the school between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. or between 3:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M.
- The driveway is a one-way street. Please obey the DO NOT ENTER signs.
- There is NO PARKING on BUDLER ROAD.
- No child should be picked up or dropped off on Budler Road.
- At the entrance to Lakewood Falls, there are 2 lanes. The right hand lane, against the curb, is allowed to make a right hand turn toward Taylor Road. The left hand lane, nearest the visitor parking, is for left hand turns only, back toward Lakewood Falls Drive.
- Please do not leave your car unattended in the drop off/pick up zone.
- Pull up as far as possible when waiting in line. Those in front will be directed to the solid white line. Watch for the direction of the arrival/dismissal staff on duty.
- Children are to get in/out on the passenger side only.
- Please cross the parking lot at the designated crosswalks only – Kindergarten Doors and/or Solid White Line.
- Do not park in the handicap spots unless you have been issued handicap plates or placards.
- On Budler Road, crossing guards are stationed at the cross section of Lakewood Falls Drive and Budler Road and the Driveway Exit of the school. When crossing, please use these designated areas.
- Children should not arrive at school before 8:30 A.M. Supervision will be provided 10 minutes prior to the first bell, at 8:40 A.M.
- Only car riders should exit through the Kindergarten Doors during dismissal. A car rider at dismissal time is one who waits for his/her vehicle to pull all the way through the drop off/pick up zone and is dismissed by a staff member on duty. If students meet their vehicles in other areas than the drop off/pick up zone, they should dismiss with the walkers.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Please be aware that it is now illegal to talk on cell phones while driving through a school speed zone or a construction zone – unless using a hands free device or a speaker phone is enabled – except in cases of emergency to contact law enforcement, health care providers, fire department and other emergency response personnel. It is also now illegal to compose, send or read text messages, read or compose e-mail, look at the internet or otherwise compose or send any type of electronic message while driving. For more information on the new laws, visit http://www.drivinglaws.org/ill.php.
- Encourage children to walk bikes and scooters on school grounds.
- Please leave your dogs and other pets at home as we have many children with allergies and/or are very frightened by them.
- An adult must check children in and out at the office; please make sure you have your state I.D. with you.
- If you come to help as a volunteer, please go through the Main Doors and go to the office where you will sign in, have your I.D. scanned and get a visitor badge.