WATCH D.O.G.S.® is the father involvement initiative of the National Center For Fathering. Inspired by one father’s desire to increase male involvement in his children’s school and with the help of the schools teachers and administration, WATCH D.O.G.S was created in 1998 at George Elementary in Springdale, AR. Since then, the program has spread across district 202 and the country.
Become a WATCH D.O.G. in 4 Easy Steps!
****UPDATE***** The WATCH D.O.G. program is currently inactive. Sign up is not available at this time. When it becomes available, an update will be posted on this page. Thank you for your understanding.
1. Click here for the sign up page: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4FA8AE23A2FA7-lfwatch1
2. Click the "Sign Up" box next to the date you would like to be a WATCH D.O.G.
3. Click "Submit and Sign Up"
3. Complete information and click "Sign Up Now"
Certain days will be available due to school events and all visits must be requested at least 1 week in advance.
Volunteer in the WATCH D.O.G.S. program for 1/2 day (full day if you have more than one child) at Lakewood Falls Elementary School!
- Greet students in the morning.
- Spend time in your child's classroom for the morning.
- Enjoy lunch and/or specials with your child.
- Interact with students at recess.
- If you have two children, you may stay for the afternoon with your second child.
- Open to all fathers and father-figures.
- Attend an End of the Year Watch D.O.G.S. Volunteer Party with your child.
- Complete a survey about your visit. You will receive an email with a survey link by the end of the week of your visit.
- Students gain a positive male role model. Some students do not have a father-figure present in their home and the number of male teachers has been steadily declining in recent years. More positive male role models are needed in the school setting.
- Schools gain an extra set of eyes and ears. The presence of WatchDOGS (Dads Of Great Students) can increase a sense of security at the building for students and staff, and it helps create an environment conducive to learning.
- Fathers and father-figures can spend meaningful time with their students in the school setting and gain a greater awareness of the positive impact they can have on their student’s life, just by being a ‘dad’.
- When WatchDOGS invest a day at school, they can learn how better to partner with the school to meet educational goals of students.
FOR MORE INFORMATION contact Lakewood Falls at email@example.com